Saturday, February 21, 2009

Weekend of Febuary 22nd

Had planned on fishing the Renegade Series tournament at Percy Priest yesterday but Bubba got sick and backed out on Friday afternoon. What a sissy. I'm not mad though. He said he had a Stomach virus and I don't want any part of that. Only bad thing is we will have to pay for a tournament we didn't fish in order to qualify for the classic in October and we won't be in the running for a points title unless we really really bust ass in the other 5 tournaments. I had hoped to do well in this tournament and figured we would. We always do well in the early spring at Percy Priest.
Tomorrow I will fish the first tournament of the Music City Bass Anglers tournament series at Percy Priest. I am fishing with a new partner this year and it will take some adjustment. I have fished with real close friends for so long that I know what to expect with all of them. I think it will be good to fish with a different partner though. It will be a good opportunity to expand my knowledge of different tactics and such. He's a good guy too and talks like he really wants to win, like I do. He'll see tomorrow morning that I don't F around fishing for money. I want to win all of these Music City tournaments this year. We finished 5th in the points last year and came really close to winning the points championship until we flopped on our strongest tournaments, the night tournaments. We still had a chance at the final T at Guntersville and flopped there too and fell from second to 5th. Bubba can't fish this year because 8 out of 10 tournaments he has to work. So me and Daniel are going to give it a go.
I'm excited tonight but I'm about to hit the sack so I wake up ready to roll in the am. I know we can catch some good fish doing what we have been doing recently even though a nasty cold front came in tonight. But it's all about adjustments and we have the knowledge to make them if we have to and we will come in with a fat sack. The weather change alone will throw other people off their game. But I know even though its colder, the fish will be shallow at least later in the day because the suns gonna warm them rocks up shallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment